Thread: SWGEmu End of the Year Update 2022

Threaded View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Congrats on putting V1.0 on the horizon. It's been almost a whole human generation since I first heard of the Emu (I was in high school at the time, so about half a lifetime ago; though my creation date says more around college, so maybe I'm old enough to start experiencing brain memory errors ). I'm especially excited for space and Jump to Lightspeed. Right now, all I want is to fly around with all those X-Wing and A-Wing sounds and such.

I said it way back, and I'll say it again: I can only wish I could be of more help. But understandably, I'm not a good fit, and I do not plan on reopening that ancient wound. That said, if there is a way to aid (that does not involve money), you know how to summon me.

Lordkator I can relate to personally. Over the past couple years, I've put together a prototype hobbyist video game (on top of other real-life pursuits all with null results), and seeing 99% void with 1% bully shenanigans emphasizes the cynicism of having dreams shattered. Because when you say "what it's like to volunteer literally 100's of hours of your life and get nothing in return while also being told you're a moron", I've been there, done that, and let me tell you, I've been called far nastier things than a moron. If possible, you and I can get drinks over how hard life has bummed us down. Remember, everyone is suffering, at least a little.
    (Beside the point, but given the metrics posted on this same thread, claiming you "get nothing in return" is objectively false. You get the privilege of resurrecting an MMO, with the Star Wars brand, upheld by upwards of a thousand passionate fans, and not shut down over painful lawsuits or worse. My game on Steam? Even without the metrics to cite, not even my family and friends inquire about it! That's how absolute my void tends to be. That's more in line with "get nothing in return".)

Keep up the hard work!
    Last edited by Jay Forerunner; 03-09-2023 at 07:04 AM.

Thread Information