Closed Thread

Thread: Coming Changes to BH/Jedi

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-larek View Post

Equally when BH took a Jedi's mission it was also similar
    - The Jedi might be in a house (and I think bomb droids were used to get them out later on as the triggering of the tef caused them to be forcibly exited from the building)
    - The Jedi might be on the corvette (I think a sytem message was added to the seekers to show this)
    - The Jedi might be in the enclaves which you cannot enter
    - The Jedi might be sitting afk for 20hrs a day in their sorosub floating in space unattackable in any way
    - The Jedi might FR3 away from you and you cannot catch them

Thus when the BH took the mission giving the name was critical as it helped the BH know / learn the behavior of the Jedi
    Exactly, being a successful BH has a lot to do with knowing your enemy and having to play around the issues Qui-larek is describing is the part of a BH's life. Can be very frustrating but also rewarding when things goes your way.

A big part of the fun of being a BH is also entering a fight with a jedi you don't know so i see the point. But the payout you can get an indication on what his template is and that can give you an idea if your template even has a chance. Next is going into the fight and finding out how well he's geared/skilled. On bas jedi used to dot a specific pool. Knowing this in advance was crucial to prebuffs.

Taking notes, learning patterns etc was a big part of it and gave an extra layer to being the hunter. That is still possible but so is 5 bhs taking a friends mission and holding it. Everything is just more inconvinient and time consuming.

But if you want to go in that direction then you should adjust somewhere else. For instance making droids report faster, fail less or something to ease the life of the BH.

And if we are just experienting, lets try saber tef to avoid jedi going back into the house. That would be great. One of my best memories from live was stumbling upon a random jedi grinding in the mid of Endor when i was trying to locate my NPC bounty target. It was my first ever encounter with a jedi and i ended taking out both. Still remember the name Taras on chiemera

Regarding the group tef and the ways jedi will be able to abuse it (like Qui-larek is also correctly pointing out) i forsee a lot of occasions where the BH will have to give up the mission or having fight the jedi + his 15 fully decked PVP buddies - who in his right mind would do that?. Jedi has enough advantages on this server as it is.

And all of this is comming from someone who is already on his jedi grind

EDIT

I came to think of.... rebel jedi and imp jedi label on the mission. Is that for ranked jedi only? What about paddys or neutral jedi? Might make sense that when they enter FRS they get anonymous but the rest shows the name. Then at least you know that you are going against a full template ranked jedi

EDIT EDIT

No vis for group members i have no problem with - its probably a big buff to the casual player who perhaps values playing with his friends on the outskirts of Yavin 4 and roleplay but does not necessarily have to be a dedicated pvper or farming endgame content. For the latter this will have little to to no effect (they will get on the terms anyways and maybe wants to) where to the average player i can see a lot of benefit for this change.
    Last edited by sbp; 02-02-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information