Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coming Changes to BH/Jedi

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    The phising rule will be removed, completely when this is merged to Finalizer.

The change have not been pushed to Finalizer yet. We are not done.

As stated on top, this is a two way door change. If it don't work as we wish, we can revert it. With that said, if they are in a group like you say, they will still get on the terminals, or do you expect them to not have others around wanting the same content? You will get 20 new marks if they have a full group and they take the mobs away from 4-5 other players. I bet one is enough with the time and amount of specials they will use.
    If its a simple toggle i think you guys should push it next week and see how it goes? Give it a trial perioid. like i said in first reply seems fine to me. Let those people test it. think honestly its just people over reacting.

when the seeker returns from searching for jedi on the planet will it notify the bh the exact credits received for kill or just name? will the mission update in datapad or just via system message?
    Last edited by Lolindir; 02-02-2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    1h last 30d

Here's a video from pre-cu Eclipse server with the old GTEF Jedi/BH system. I understand there are limitations on what can be merged right now however this is what would be the best balance for both sides. (BH side wins in vid btw)

Until then the current system seems like a temporary fix, people need to relax for a change.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Removal of phishing from ToS is great.

If BH missions are anonymous should consider having the mission names/creator/number (something) a constant for all BHs on the terminal so they can still engage in group hunts.

I see the screenshot says "rebel Jedi". Was that added by SWGEmu? If so, then it is a good change. Perhaps also some other clarifications, like "Rebel Jedi Knight" or "Imperial Jedi Padawan" etc. Could do a check vs. The targets force progression boxes. This would make it so bounty hunters who do want a challenge do not accidentally pull a fledgling Jedi Padawan mission, when in reality they wanted to fight a Jedi Master etc.
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 02-01-2022 at 10:03 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SoUncool View Post
    Thanks for clarification. Is there any plan to *stop* the "gonna be logged in and AFK in my house forever" behavior? Even taking them off the terminals while they're in a private structure doesn't seem like that much of a great fix, tbh. It just rewards the behavior. Which, again, seems somewhat exploitative by using one game mechanic to bypass another.
    They can no longer troll BHs and hopefully we will be able to stop the bleeding of vis, so they will not be able to do that AFK, but have to actually log off, or play the game to get vis to lessen.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Appreciate it. Hopefully the small fix is all that's needed. Drastic changes aren't always the best solutions, etc.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    +1 these are sensible changes and I look forward to seeing how people take to it. Better to try and improve things than do nothing.
    Finalizer:
    IGN: Tritonius
    Tri's Bazaar: Corellia, South Of Coronet -254, -5677
    12 Point Architect / 135 Assembly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Everyone who played on Liberator knows where BH can go and why restrictions are needed.

Griefing of individuals has and will remain an issue in pockets of the community.

Maybe you didn't experience clone camping when missions didn't drop? Good for you.

These changes are fantastic.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like the changes! Can't imagine too much endgame content that grouping would cause an issue because anything camped will have people not in the same group.

I can see early Jedi grouping for XP. At some point they would need to split up though.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigues View Post
    I like the changes! Can't imagine too much endgame content that grouping would cause an issue because anything camped will have people not in the same group.

I can see early Jedi grouping for XP. At some point they would need to split up though.
    Right, Jedi being able to group with friends and not get visibility is the single greatest change here. Especially for new Jedi while grinding.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well guess im deleting my BH and making something else GG

These changes are garbage, QQ more Jedi scum.
    Last edited by Ellyssia; 02-02-2022 at 12:03 AM. Reason: merged duplicate posts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    What is going on in this server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Where can I sign up to help unofficially assign priority to the backlog or the ability to jump it with fresh ideas?
    Arcani, Dinkle

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm all for changes but these ideas imo are not well thought out and will be a detriment to the player BH base.

It's your server and it's a test server but I have to say I'm disappointed and in my humble opinion you're allowing Jedi to be more care bear

If the goal is to prevent people from holding missions, remove the cap of 5 ppl holding missions.

The only good thing in this change is removal of the phishing clause.
    Last edited by ghostm; 02-02-2022 at 12:15 AM.

Also serving you from The Nika Marketplace outside of Kaadara, Naboo - /way 6148 6283

Play Stats
    Inactive
    really would be a game killer for me, jedi is supposed to be difficult, but once mastered almost unstoppable. but i feel you're bashing on the BH making it far to easy for people to be jedi when they dont know how to play the role. jedi should be a struggle, and i will happily do that struggle. this is almost nge pick jedi crap.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If I wanna troll a BH why would I not just AFK on the roof of a house so Im technically outside by game standards. Id still be on the terminals then but still protected by a house.
    God Save the Rebellion

Closed Thread

Thread Information