Closed Thread

Thread: Veteran Reward System Modifications for Testing

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Live on both TC-Prime and Basilisk.

This is an incremental thing, over time we will evolve changes to see how it works.

Many people may not even notice a thing since we currently do not make any changes to existing items.
    Interesting! I did notice one change on Prime, but I wasn't sure if it was because of Prime or if it was a bigger change:

If it's a bigger change, then this carries a bit more weight to it:

Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    To be crystal clear: any changes made for testing will affect only veteran rewards generated after the changes; they will not be retroactively applied to any existing items.
    I imagine that would be a nice solution to discourage people from creating accounts just to farm ADKs.

This one seems like it's just adding an extra step to them being sold. Rather than selling the deed, they'd be selling "30k of whatever resource you want":

I was hoping to see some of the additional rugs, furniture, paintings, etc. that we can get from the frogs on Nova. That's ok, still something to look forward to into the future.
    Last edited by Tyrson; 09-15-2021 at 10:43 PM.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    Interesting! I did notice one change on Prime, but I wasn't sure if it was because of Prime or if it was a bigger change...

I imagine that would be a nice solution to discourage people from creating accounts just to farm ADKs.
    Just the first step, we heard the community say they want to see us using Basilisk for more 1.0+ testing so we picked a smaller idea to test.

And yes we're trying to figure out how to stop the ADK farming, while also thinking through how a 1.0+ server might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    I was hoping to see some of the additional rugs, furniture, paintings, etc. that we can get from the frogs on Nova. That's ok, still something to look forward to into the future.
    One step at a time, next couple of steps will be more about mechanics of the vet system, rather then items, those are pretty easy to change in the 1.0+ world.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information