I did the quest on 5 or 6 of my toons I think, and for a couple I had issues where I had to redo the last leg of it.

One time I ran outside because I wasn't attacking back and a storm trooper killed him, so I ran back to Snoop and redo the last leg. I don't know why I wasn't attacking, I wasn't afk. I had a gun that I equipped years ago and had since dropped marksman, so I was no longer qualified with the gun. Normally I think you still attack, but capped at a very low damage. However this time when I unequipped it and became unarmed I started attacking, but by then I ran outside and my hits for 9 damage didn't kill Alton as fast as LK-818's shot for 615 damage.

Another time, and then again to test, I noticed that if the concoction was in my backpack Snoop gave me the "It looks like your may have misplaced the..." message and I had to retake it and go kill Alton again. I, of course, put it in my backpack to try and keep it. However, if I put it in an unequipped bag in my inventory, then I could complete the quest and the concoction would remain as well.

Thanks for the fun quests and unique items! Yoda knows I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Oh, I also enjoyed all the NPC names! Chefs on chefs on chefs!