Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu LaunchPad - November 2013

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWoulds View Post
    I have also ran into this problem. Where is the settings tab it is asking for?
    Which problem? May want to specify since this thread is quite old and people ran into quite a few errors. You can find Settings tab in the very left top corner of the launchpad. If you are struggling with installation it may be easier for you to just contact our Live Support (link in my sig) so they can walk you through.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla m View Post
    I'm getting an error message saying:
    'Please set the swgemu folder in Settings>Options or install using Settings>Install from SWG'
    after launching for the first time.
    You need to link the launcher to your swgemu installation directory, usually C:/SWGEmu.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    ive checked. the file is there. it was copied. but still wont notice it

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't understand what was the point for a new launchpad, I AM STILL HAVING HARD TIME IN THE LOG-IN SCREEN, CONNECTING TO SERVER......CONNECTING TO SERVER......CONNECTING TO SERVER......(cancel re-start gain after 10 tries finally connects, moving on to character selection,LOADING WORLD MAP.....LOADING WORLD MAP.....LOADING WORLD MAP.....(after cancelling 10 times and go back to character selection screen finally i get in the game. Switching characters same things as i described before. I am not angry at all you guys are doing a fantastic job keeping us happy for nothing, just for the love of the fans and the game it self but is a bit frustrating when things don't work like they should be. However Thank you for your hard work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Had no issues with the new Launchpad installing. Now just waiting until the server comes back up to make sure all my other stuff is in good order (macro's and all that). Quick and easy.
    Last edited by Voskko; 11-24-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Jeez... I should have waited a couple days for this. Let everyone else get it first.

I think the download server is about to vomit.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm getting the "server replied: Forbidden" error as well.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i am getting forbidden error i don't understand the directions do not know what folder to choose or anything. still the worst thing ever. hope you have a more detail how to do on every step which folders to choose errors gone. my lunch was just wasted trying to get this work. you know most games do not have this hard of time to install they do everything for you install create folders and run.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    LPE not working... again - 11/21/13

Seems that host where LPE and patch files are stored has pulled a Houdini on us... Again. That is the reason why LPE isnt working and should not be used.
    Those that have game client installed and working do not use LPE (ever again), just go straight to your SWGEmu folder, locate swgemu.exe and run the game like that. If you run LPE first there is a good chance you will mess up your game client.
    Those that used LPE and it broke their game client, you can try downloading this: https://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...onfigFiles.rar and extracting everything except swgemu_login.cfg in to your C:\SWGEmu folder (replace the existing files). Or if that doesnt work you just have to wait.
    Those that need to install or reinstall, you are out of luck, you have to wait for LPE host to fix what ever issue they have.

And most important, why are you still using LPE? You should only use it to install SWGEmu client and never again. Always use swgemu.exe... always.

~The SWGEMu Staff

here is the link

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/content...gain-11-21-13&

just go straight to your SWGEmu folder, locate swgemu.exe and run the game like that.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    install the LP in to ur swg folder, run the lp scan, then settings, and install from swg, select ur install folder and start....

server forbidden ..

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The launchpad download links are giving a 403 error.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i hate this lpe why fix something that wasn't broken? and i get that forribedden error.

worst thing ever.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ekimocyc View Post
    i hate this lpe why fix something that wasn't broken? and i get that forribedden error.

worst thing ever.
    Old LPE had many issues and did not work properly for a number of people. New launchpad is vastly superior. That said, you do not have to use it if you do not want to. Just keep in mind that old LPE will no longer be supported after 30 days.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

Play Stats
    87h last 30d
    experiencing same issue with the Forbidden Problem

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ok guys the lpe is broke just use the swg.exe in the swgemu folder that starts the game up and takes you to log in screen. i just copy that to my desktop and it starts the game.

Closed Thread

Thread Information